You cannot function properly when your body is deprived of sleep. Lack of sleep can also contribute to being fat. The best quality sleep is when you fall asleep naturally and wake up naturally. Here are some tips to help accomplish the goal of sleeping well naturally.
* Exercise during the day. Our bodies are work machines and they need exercise. Walking and other aerobic activity will help you stay toned and healthy – and to sleep well at night.
* Create serenity. Decorate the bedroom in soft, muted colors that will help you to relax after a long day at work.
* Buy a comfortable mattress. Lay on it at the store. Choose a style that you can flip to the other side every six months. Be certain that the mattress has a return policy — without a restocking fee — if it is not the right one after actually sleeping on it.
* Buy room-darkening curtains to create a very dark room. Light stimulates the brain to wake up so eliminate all sources of light.
* Organize your finances. Worry about money will prevent you from sleeping well. Work out a debt repayment plan, even as little as five dollars a month toward a medical bill will help you to regain control of your finances. Chip away at the debt in small steady steps instead of wasting money on the pie-in-the-sky get rich quick schemes
Turn off the computer 30 minutes before bedtime.
* Do not watch television or go on the computer right before going to bed. Read a book for 30 minutes before you plan to sleep.
* If you smoke cigarettes, nicotine stimulates the brain and prevents you from being able to sleep well. Avoid smoking for at least a half-hour before bedtime.
Take Grandma’s advice: milk and cookies.
* Do you remember grandma serving milk and cookies? Milk increases the production of serotonin that is necessary for sleep. Have the milk at least an hour before bedtime.
* Stretch every muscle once you are lying down in bed. Stretching helps the body to unwind and relax.
* Train your body to the new routine by going to bed and waking up at the same time. It takes about three weeks for the body to learn a new routine.